Monday, July 13, 2009

WoW

I was scrollin' the internet through the power of the Nethernet, and a portal took me to TOSBack, a site that follows certain EULAs and such, including Blizzard's EULA for World of Warcraft. I decided to scroll down and I discovered this addition from a couple months ago:

"BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ACCOUNTS AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violations of this Terms of Use or the EULA."

Can I just highlight "BLIZZARD MAY...TERMINATE... MODIFY, OR DELETE ACCOUNTS... FOR NO REASON"?!?!

Wow, that's scary. What kind of rights do you get with an MMO now? The right to what you paid for? Now back to Fallout 3 where multiplayer doesn't get in my way.

No comments: